West Yorkshire Central Services Agency
The Agency provides Primary Care support for the five Primary
Care Trusts (PCTs) that work within West Yorkshire, part of the
Yorkshire and the Humber Strategic Health Authority area.
The main responsibilities of the Agency are:
- To maintain a computer database of the population of each PCT
area, linking each person to a GP Practice and transferring medical
records when people change doctor. Also to hold death records for
ten years after death.
- To give advice to Primary Care Contractors and the Public.
- To hold the NHS contract with GPs for General Medical Services,
and with Pharmacists, Dentists and Optometrists.
- To administer screening services for breast and cervical
- To pay GPs and Opticians.
- To monitor and prevent fraud.
- To provide courier services for the delivery of prescriptions
and other documents to Primary Care Contractors
On 1st April 2013 the staff and functions of the Agency will
transfer to the NHS Commissioning